NEW! ON-LINE PRACTICE EXAMINATIONS FOR NUCLEAR MEDICINE STUDENTS PREPARING FOR THEIR BOARD CERTIFICATION EXAMINATION
Consultants in Nuclear Medicine has prepared a collection of six on-line tests containing almost 450 multiple choice questions. These tests have been designed to significantly enhance your level of knowledge of NM Basic Science and to prepare you for the NMTCB or ARRT(N) Board Certification Examination. Some of these learning tools are free, and others are very reasonably priced. Overall, they represent a wealth of information.
- Free use of our website, www.nucmedtutorials.com. This website offers 46 on-line tutorials covering most aspects of the Basic Science of Nuclear Medicine. The tutorials may be reviewed on-line or may be downloaded and printed; each self-grading test may be taken on-line up to three times per student. The tutorials are available 24/7/365.
- There are four on-line tests covering Nuclear Medicine Basic Science, with special emphasis on NRC regs & Hot Lab QC. Each test contains 100 questions in multiple choice format and each self-grading test may be taken on-line up to three times per student. The tests are available 24/7/365. There is minimal overlap on questions on the 4 tests.
- There are 2 on-line tests covering Mathematical Problem Solving. This challenging test covers Attenuation of Radiation, Radioactive Decay, Inverse Square Law, and other pertinent math-related topics. Each test contains 35 questions in multiple choice format and the self-grading test may be taken on-line up to three times per student. The test is available 24/7/365.
The price per student is only $75.00. Everything listed above is included. We are proud to bring these educational opportunities to your attention. CNM is very confident of the quality and comprehensiveness of our courses and hope that you will be able to participate.
If you need additional information, please don’t hesitate to call me at (773) 802-7617 or to send E-mail to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To purchase the package,
A “Shopping Cart” will open and you can pay using either a PayPal account or a major credit card.
Once payment has been received, you will receive by email the links that are needed to access the tests.
COURSES FOR PHYSICIANS Desiring to Earn 15.0 CME Credits Required to Maintain IAC (formerly ICANL) Accreditation of Cardiac, Nuclear, or PET Labs.
Our tutorials website http://www.nucmedtutorials.com, is listed on the CME Resources page on the IAC website at http://www.intersocietal.org/nuclear/main/cme_online.htm as a source of CME Credits. The website offers on-line tutorials worth a maximum of 71 CEUs in the general categories of Nuclear Medicine and PET Basic Science, Cardiac Radiopharmaceuticals, Practice of Radiopharmacy, Instrumentation, Radionuclide Therapy, Internal Radiation Dosimetry, Radiation Safety, Current NRC Regulations, Hot Lab Quality Control, and related topics. In addition, our tutorials have been approved by the SNMMI-TS for CE Credit for technologists and are also accepted by ARRT as Category A Credit for technologists.
The cost for physicians to earn 15 CME Credits is $250.00, inclusive of everything.
To Make a payment using a credit card or a paypal account-
The CME Credit Certificate will be emailed within 24 hours of completion of the tutorials and a backup signed original of the certificate will be sent by US Mail.
The tutorials are accessible 24/7/365. Please visit the website- we believe that you will find completion of these on-line tutorials to be a good learning experience as well as a very convenient and inexpensive method of obtaining CME and CE Credits. There are no meetings to attend, no hotel reservations involved, no days off work, and no travel.
COURSES FOR PHYSICIANS:
For Practicing Physicians, Fellows, Residents
This course is designed for Physicians wishing to become Authorized Users on a Radioactive Materials License and meets the 80 hour requirement of Didactic Basic Science Lectures for NRC or State Licensure. While this course is no longer held at a hotel or conference center, we can bring the course to your facility. If you are interested in holding the course, please call course director Dr. Stephen Karesh at 773-802-7617.
This course is designed for Physicians wishing to become Authorized Users on a Radioactive Materials License and needing only 45 hours to demonstrate Recentness of Training. The 45 hour course is generally acceptable for NRC or State Licensure requiring “Recentness of Training”. This course will no longer be held at a hotel or conference center, but we can bring the course to your facility. If you are interested in holding the course, please call course director Dr. Stephen Karesh at 773-802-7617.
These courses are no longer held at a hotel or conference center. If you are interested in having us bring the course to your facility, please call course director Dr. Stephen Karesh at 773-802-7617.
COURSES FOR TECHNOLOGISTS:
This course is required by the NMTCB for examination takers who have failed multiple times. It covers 15 hours of Physics and Instrumentation, 15 hours of Radiopharmacy, and 15 hours of Radiation Safety. Certificates of completion are readily accepted by the NMTCB. The course is entirely on-line and serves as an excellent preparation for the Board Examination.
The Course tuition, inclusive of everything, is $700.00. If you wish to register and make payment, just click the link below. If you need additional information before registering, or have a question, please contact Dr. Karesh, the Course Coordinator, at 773 802-7617 or send email to email@example.com .
As stated on the NMTCB Website, beginning January 1, 2023, CAMRT(RT), CAMRT(RTT), ARRT(R) or ARRT(T) Certificants will be required to fulfill the following in order to qualify for the PET examination:
- Active CAMRT(RT), CAMRT(RTT), ARRT(R) or ARRT(T) certification AND hold an active certification in Computed Tomography (CT) or Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) from a nationally recognized certification board.
- 1,000 hours of clinical experience performing all aspects of PET imaging including radiopharmaceutical handling, injection (if permitted by state and/or institutional regulations) and imaging. Imaging may be performed on a dedicated PET scanner, PET/MR scanner, and/or a PET/CT scanner, with documented performance* of a minimum of 100 prescribed competencies:
- 50 competencies in any PET imaging
- 10 competencies in Daily Scanner QC
- 10 competencies in Dose Calibrator QC
- 10 competencies in Daily Survey and Survey Meter QC
- 10 competencies in package receipt, disposal, and return
- 10 competencies in radiopharmaceutical preparation, including dose calculation and dose assay
* No more than one (1) competency may be documented per day per category.
** Supervision must be performed by a nuclear medicine physician or radiologist AND direct supervision must be performed by a certified NMTCB, ARRT(N) or CAMRT(RTNM) nuclear medicine technologist.
- Satisfactory completion of a minimum of seventy (70) contact hours of coursework in the following areas:
- 20 hours in PET Procedures
- 20 Hours in Nuclear Medicine Instrumentation
- 10 hours in Radiation Protection
- 20 Hours in Radiopharmacy
Only coursework from an accredited college or university, accredited nuclear medicine program or approved continuing education credits recognized by NMTCB, such as VOICE/ECE, will be accepted.
Tuition for this course, sponsored by one of our affiliates, is $899.00, inclusive of everything. If you wish to register or need additional information, please give Dr. Karesh a call at 773 802-7617
PRACTICE EXAM AND ANSWER KEY:
For Physicians, Technologists & Students
We offer a very comprehensive set of lecture notes on Nuclear Medicine Basic Science. These electronically provided files contain ~ 2,000 Power Point Slides as well as a very comprehensive practice examination containing hundreds of questions with a very detailed answer key. They may be purchased individually or at a discount as a package deal. There is no charge to take our on-line practice examination on Radiation Physics, Radiopharmacy and Basic Nuclear Medicine Science. A detailed answer key is available for purchase.
Available On-Line Courses for Continuing Education Credit for Nuclear Medicine and Radiology Technologists: Up to 81 Hours of VOICE (SNMMI) CE Credits, accepted by all 50 states and all credentialing agencies (NMTCB, ARRT)
Same-day service for CE Credit Certificate delivery by e-mail.
Tutorials are available in all 4 scopes required by California
Click This Link For: California Technologists For Information on Scope Assignments for Online Tutorials
Visit our other site: www.nucmedtutorials.com to complete tutorials and to obtain VOICE-approved CE Credits on line.
CONSULTANTS IN NUCLEAR MEDICINE:
We are a Chicago-based Group. All of our Consultants have advanced degrees and average at least 25 years of consulting experience. We offer a broad spectrum of general Nuclear Medicine Consulting Services, readily available, at a reasonable cost. The Most Commonly used services are outlined below:
Hot Lab design, layout, and equipment selection
Mock inspections to insure compliance with regulatory requirements
Monthly on-site continuing education lectures
Acceptance testing of gamma cameras, including cardiac, SPECT and coincidence imaging
Consultation and performance testing services related to accreditation by the American College of Radiology
Evaluation of Radiological Imaging Equipment and preparation for State Inspections
Please feel free to give us a call- we would be happy to assist you with our consulting services!
Please don’t hesitate to Contact Us using the banner information.