This page has the links to the questions (only) for 18 quizzes on relevant topics in Nuclear Medicine.
There is no charge to view the exams but there is a charge for the answer key. This link will take you to a new screen with 18 links. Simply click on the link for the desired topic to view the exam questions.
Our very comprehensive Lecture Notes on Nuclear Medicine Basic Science are designed to help you pass your certification examination on the first try. First introduced in 1978, they have undergone annual revision since then. The lecture notes are ~300 pages long and contain >2,000 PowerPoint slides. Included are numerous “quiz” questions and practice problems to help clarify concepts. The topics included in the lecture notes match the topics on the practice exam.
- Basic Physics of Nuclear Medicine
- Completing Nuclear Equations
- Radioactive Decay and Interaction of Ionizing Radiation with Matter Ø Shielding Formula and Attenuation of radiation by Matter
- Inverse Square Law
- Units of Radioactivity
- Mathematical Problem Solving
- Statistics: Concepts and Problems
- Equilibrium and Radionuclide Generators, Generator QC
- Radioisotope Production
- Basics of Radiopharmacy
- The “Big Chart” of Every Clinically Useful Radiopharmaceutical
- Radiopharmaceutical Preparation and Red Cell Labeling
- PET Radiopharmaceuticals
- Quality Control in the Hot Lab; Radiation Safety and Regulatory Issues
- In Vivo Non-Imaging Studies
- Mechanisms of Localization of Radiopharmaceuticals
- Radionuclide Therapy
- Radiation Dosimetry
- Computers in Nuclear Medicine
- Principles of Scintillation Detection
- Image Processing
- QC of Imaging Equipment
- SPECT and PET Imaging
- And other topics
What is NOT included:
- Patient Positioning
- Procedures for Clinical Studies
- Any Questions?
Practice exam files and lecture notes files are sent electronically unless you notify us that you wish to have them sent by Priority Mail, which typically takes 2-3 days. There is no extra charge for Priority Mail, but there is a charge if Overnight Service is required (See chart below).
Laser Printed Answer Key in Text Format: $30.00
Comprehensive Power Point Lecture Notes: $35.00
Comprehensive Lecture Notes and Practice Exam with Answer Key (Save $10): $55.00
Overnight Shipping at additional charge /US-Puerto Rico only: (USPS current charge is $22.95)